Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The world is a vampire, sent to drain...

This was going to be a post about how I rediscovered my fondness for the Smashing Pumpkins, noiseniks that they are through the song Bullet with Butterfly Wings but now it's going to be a quick trawl through some of my bestest vampires!

I'm sure you'll know them all well.

So

A is (the most obvious choice ever) ANGEL

He's an oldy but a goody with the whole 'one moment of true evil and his soul flies out the window' dichotomy. I would have liked Angelus more if we'd seen more of extreme nastiness, like with Willow's fish. Anyone who wasn't a mad Buffy afficianardo is now bleeding from the eyes, not a puncture wound, so I'll continue.



B is Blade, bien sur. The Day Walker.
Although I did like some of the bad guys in the series, I'm sticking with Wesley
coz some motherf**ckers always trying to ice skate up hill



Both of our candidates above have bent the rules of the vampirism more than exceedingly.



Dracula is so the man.
I liked him in Gary Oldman guise because he cried oceans of tears for Mina.
But really I love vampires because of a lot of family holidays in Whitby, scurrying around the abbey and walking down the steps from the car pack, which were lined with metal. It rained alot and the rusty water became 'Blood, dripping down the steps' from the grave yard. Ah children, they're very blood thirsty beasts, ya know.
I have to sneak Deacon Frost in there too. Because Steven Dorff is a pocket rocket of mine of old and he makes a white shirt look wicked smart in Blade. He's also got the right blend of cocksure and idiot. Shame he proves so easy to kill really
This is Edward Cullen. He's not my idea of Edward Cullen but there is something quite nice about him.
When I first heard that Cedric Diggory from Harry Potter had been cast as the century old 17 year old vamp from Twighlight, I was most unhappy.
But the posters grew on me.
That said I'm a bit weird about Edward and Bella and I've not read past book 2 in case she goes off with the werewolf (SHHHHH don't tell me, I don't want to know for sure!)
The Hunger - move over boys, there's nothing quite like a good old lady vamp and Deneuvre is hard to beat.
I too would sink my teeth into Susan Sarandon given half a chance, not to mention David Bowie.





This was a defining one for my poor teenage heart:
'You're a creature of the night Michael'
The Lost Boys, the open chords twang twang twang twang... people are strange
and a wee peak at the Boys themselves, like a ketchup covered Motley Crue on a slow nite

Back to the small screen.
Let not the fact that the series Moonlight is patchy deter you from a litte Mick St John appreciation of an evening ladies. It's very anodine, til he fangs up.

And to close, it's Spike. you could open letters with his cheek bones

'You're not friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love 'til it kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other 'til it makes you quiver, but you'll never be friends. Real love isn't brains, children. It's blood. It's blood screaming inside you to work its will.'





And here's Kate. She's Van Helsing-ed and Underworld-ed and makes many a person want to reach for the polish.



So folks, who would you bite? Eternity is a long time....

The lay out on this keeps going la la and spanning them across the page. Sorry

No comments: