Tuesday, April 03, 2007

She said she thought it was too much coffee...

Starbucks started out selling beans from Pike Market in Seattle in 71
In 87, they had 17 sites.
At the beginning of 2007, there were 12,440 outlets worldwide.

There are 143 branches of starbucks within 5km of my office

There are 68 branches of starbucks within 5km of my Islington des res

But there are only three in Nottingham
(see, coz we’re all about the rich giving to the poor and stuff, not the reverse, sheriff of starbucks)

AS a confirmed coffee addict, I feel partially responsible. Lord knows I must’ve given them a sizeable chunk of money since 98, when my vague liking of coffee smell started to get a bit out of hand in a gradual way.

So now I’m pretending it’s the Blitz.
And my ration book says
1 skinny latte, size tall
Per week.

Apols to those who've seen that before!

No comments: