Friday, February 06, 2009

25 Random Things


Taken from Payne
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you.

1. I have totally wasted today in terms of getting work done but I've had a quality day in terms of me. Not sure which to feel guilty about. Not sure I feel bad about either.

2. I am trying to channel my rage from last year (and indeed this year) into useful things but it seems to be generating yet more things to feel impotent about. Still, Rome wasn't built in a day








3. I'm an in-the-closet romantic. Really. It's totally completely off the charts. But if you ask me about it, I'll deny it. But if you show me Tom and B'Elanna, JJ and Will, some actual humans who wouldn't want to be name checked here, i'll be quietly misty about it.

4. I already have too many nominees for the 'Worst Moment of My Life' category and i know there's some big ones still waiting in the wings. Lucky for me I'd struggle to fit contestants for 'The Coolest thing I've ever done/seen' into the Grand Canyon.

5. There's pretty much nothing I wouldn't do for the right person.

6. I am often in so much physical pain that I wake up crying and cannot actually get up to take meds or get a hot water bottle.

7. I love David Ryan Adams for his blogging as much as his music. Those blogs and Vimeo shots were often banal or random or weird. But it felt like a window on to a psyche that I could identify with. I guess for me reading, blogging and music are three things that I like because they let me know i'm not alone.
8. I'm trying to conquer my ongoing poor relationship with food - it's all feast or famine and mostly whatever is quickest, even though i'm actually an OK cook.

9. I miss running and thinking about it a lot but I still can't quite get myself out of bed. What's that about? I don't know. Self loathing is closer than the door to my room it seems.

10. Now that everyone is married and I've been to 8 million weddings, there is a secret pastiche bridezilla inside, waiting for her chance to give orders.

11. I really quite like having the bed to myself. And the TV remote.

12. Now that everyone is married with children, I find it increasingly unlikely that I ever will be the only one of those things that's definitely on the table for me.

13. I have a rocking chair.

14. I like knitting. I got invited on to Ravelry and that pleased me no end.

15. I seem pretty open about most things but I only trust a handful of people. I only believe a handful of people too, when they say stuff in relation to me. I believe in tonnes of people though, so I'm hoping that can balance out.

16. When my current housemate moves out, it will leave a hole because I love how his brain views the world, even when i'm finding him annoying. I'm glad that he and the divine Spaniard are in the same country all the same.

17. I am rather partial to country and western music.

18. I watch Hannah Montana

19. I wish I were in Battlestar Galactica, even though that would mean the human race was one step closer than ever to destroying itself. And it would mean that we were all on space ships, eating pretend food and in danger for our lives.

20. I'd like to be Doctor Who's assistant. And then be in Torchwood for a few episodes. I'd also like to be Bond Girl, always have, always will. Shame the current Bond is bobfoc but hey.

21. I was a little disappointed when my period came at Christmas as I'd been having a lot of fun with my imaginary Peruvian baby (there's a whole tale around this that needs lots of back story - suffice to say it was never actually on the cards unless the baby was really going to be called 'Jesus').

22. Most of the time I try hard not to hurt people and to create a nice positive world in which to inhabit. That said, the heart wants what it wants and the lengths it will go to aren't always pretty.
23. In many ways, I hope I never find out what I'm capable of as I feel the darkness would outweight the light.

24. When my parents shuffle from this mortal coil, I will not know where to put myself.

25. Fish and chips might just be my best tea ever. But if I were a food, can I be cheese on toast please?

So, a fair degree of introspection there, probably from spending the day alone. But still, I know that my cup runneth over. I'm very lucky. I have loved well if not wisely. And there are good times to be had.
x0x


No comments: